Have you ever run out of hot water just minutes after hopping out of the shower? Does your water look rust colored or smell funny? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may be in need of a new hot water heater. If you are experiencing any of the following problems in your home, call Flatley's Plumbing Express today!
Signs You Need Hot Water Heater Replacement
- Rusty Water: Brown water is a sign that your tank may be rusting away from the inside out and may leak soon. To see if your hot water heater is rusty, you can drain a portion of it into a five-gallon bucket and look for discoloration. If it’s discolored, it’s likely you will need replacement.
- Unpleasant Odors: As your tank ages, small amounts of natural gas may leak through loose joints. Either way, any strange odors coming from your water heater should be checked by a Flatley professional.
- Age: If you know that your system is older than 8 years old, it's likely that it needs to be replaced. A newer model will work more efficiently, saving you money on your water bill. If you're not sure how old yours is, you can check the serial number on the tank.
- Strange Noises: The older your tank gets, it becomes more likely for sediment to build up. If you can hear any banging sounds or you find that you run out of hot water faster, it’s highly likely that you have buildup in your water tank. This can put stress on your water heater and cause it to be even less energy efficient.
- Leaks: Hot water temperatures can cause wear and tear over time. When metal heats and cools, it expands and retracts. When you take into consideration how often you use hot water, your hot water heater can suffer some serious wear and tear. Leaks are a huge problem that can result in costly damage, so if you notice any excess water, call Flatley's Plumbing Express.
- Insufficient Supply: Does it seem like you’re constantly running out of hot water? If so, you should seriously consider having a replacement installed. Insufficient heating is the most common sign of failure.
- Spike in utilities. When your water heater is old or outdated, it needs more fuel or electricity to function. This can cause utilities to skyrocket, so it’s important to deal wit the problem as soon as possible.
How Flatley's Can Help
If you have questions or you want to install a hot water heater in your home, call Flatley’s today. We offer professional and affordable solutions to repair or replace your water heater. Our expertise and customer service will guarantee satisfaction and leave behind a well-functioning drainage system. From start to finish, we have you covered!
If you’re looking for professional plumbing services in the Chicago Suburbs or you want to install a natural gas water heater in your home or business, call Flatley’s Plumbing Express today!